Hello, loves! and happy September! If you didn’t know, This is my favourite month of the year! Everything just becomes more beautiful and magical in September, don’t you think?
Now, when you see my tbr list, some of you might think – too ambitious. And yes! it is quite an ambitious list, HOWEVER, since I managed to read 22 books in August, I am hoping the lucky streak carries on.
So let’s get to it! I have quite a few contemporaries and standalones this month as I haven’t read enough of those last month, plus, there are some great titles here!
Contemporaries and Standalones:
Most of these books deal with a variety of heavy subjects and I knew I needed to purchase them the moment I heard about them.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
- My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier
- A List of Cages by Robin Roe
- He said / She Said by Erin Kelly
- The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo
- Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas
- Horns by Joe Hill
- What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
And Now on to Fantasy!
- (The Winner’s Trilogy #1 / #2) by Marie Rutkoski
The Winner’s Curse
The winner’s Crime
- (The Conqueror’s Saga #1) by Kiersten White
And I Darken
- (The Queen’s Thief #1 / #2) by Megan Whalen Turner
The Queen of Attolia
- (Gentleman Bastard #1 / #2 / #3) by Scott Lynch
The Lies of Locke Lamora
Red Seas Under Red Skies
The Republic of Thieves
- (The Queen of the Tearling #3) by Erika Johansen
The Fate of the Tearling
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson
And last but not least, if by some miracle I manage to have some time Left (Doubtful but hopeful) I’ve added three books that I absolutely want to complete as they’ve been on my shelf for quite some time.
- (The Diviners #1) by Libba Bray
- (An Ember in the Ashes #1) by Sabaa Tahir
An Ember in the Ashes
- (Mara Dyre #1) by Michelle Hodkin
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
And there it is! my complete list. I will say, however, that I am a spontaneous reader and mostly pick up books based on my mood, or books that I’ve only just purchased (before getting through those that are already on my shelf). This time, however, I am determined to try this new thing called – ‘sticking to the plan’! So let us see how it pans out at the end of the month. And good luck to you all book worms with your reading plans!